Sunday, February 15, 2009

Improvement!

Yesterday we were in trials in Ancaster. I love going to dog shows. There are so many lovely dogs to watch, in the ring and outside of it. Also the people who go to the shows are at least as hopelessly addicted to dogs and obedience as I am. That means people to talk to who understand when you spend 20 minutes explaining the various ways you are trying to fix sit-stay. In the real world when you try that, regular people are usually rendered unconscious within a few moments of you saying, "....so then I put food behind the armband..."

Here are a couple of nice pups, just hanging out helping their person to work the registration desk. Their heads pop out of their crates for cookies!



This is River. In between trials, he likes to carry his toy around.







And then there is this handsome fellow, who started the day off badly by not doing the "drop" portion of the drop on recall and also laying down in the sit stay AGAIN!!!!!! in the first trial but who redeemed himself by dropping nicely and proudly holding a very nice solid sit in the second trial, ending up with a very respectable 194.5. Hopefully the start of a turnaround.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I have been reading your blog since I stumbled upon you recently. Your springers are gorgeous. I have a 5 year old-Madison, my second and I love this breed.

I just wanted to drop in and say hello. By the way, that cat is almost a dog too I see. Very cute-if only world leaders got on so well.

Donna & Madison

Mo said...

Ya know those labs in the crates at the top of your blog? They aren't real, they are stuffed animals, that look like labs. Duncan says..."ain't now way I'd stay in there if the top was open!!!"

K9KRAZEE said...

Hi Donna and Madison,
Thanks so much for your kind words, I'm glad you enjoy my blog!
I would love to see a pic of Madison some time.
Cheers, Mary

me and my GSDs said...

Good boy, Elliottttt! We knew you could do it. Practice (and practice and practice and practice, your mom says) makes perfect!

And there must be something wrong with River, who knew??? that golden retrievers liked to carry around things in their mouths?? LOL What a sweet face!

I agree with Mo, the labs at the top of the page must be stuffed. LOL!

Nancy and the GSD crew