Sunday, August 31, 2008

Away in Painting Land

I have been out of the world for several days. Enough days to prepare and paint 2 full rooms including a set of french doors.

Our dining room and office needed painting. Badly. The dining room was a sickly green colour and had a lovely border of butterflies flitting around at ceiling level.

Here is a before shot of the dining room, but the butterflies have already been ripped from their mooring near the ceiling! The primer has been cut in along the edges.

Up in the office, the before vision was dark red on the upper half, and then wallpaper border around the middle and wallpaper on the bottom. Here's the lovely paint colour.


I must have been hungry when shopping for paint. The colours I chose were "Cantaloupe Slice" for the dining room, and "Pear" for the office. The Pear colour is a neat yellowy-green that looks more green in natural light and more yellow in artificial light.


Here are a couple of the dining room, after the transformation. And may I just say that I never want to paint french doors again in my life.




Here is an after of the office. I am sooooo happy with this colour. The room looks twice as big and the colour reflects the light instead of sucking it all into a joyless void.




This is why I've been offline for a few days. I re-entered the world yesterday. It is still full of people who don't know how to drive.

2 comments:

Mo said...

Nice colors.
Will you come paint my house?
I have married a person who doesn't finish one project!

Knatolee said...

Oh, I LOVE the colours you picked!!! They look fantastic!!!